|linux sux ?
||[Aug. 4th, 2007|01:42 am]
Does anybody here really think linux sucks ? If so, why ?|
(I assume you're referring to the overall experience of using a GNU/Linux desktop environment and not just the Linux kernel)
* programs look bad, or function poorly, or hard to configure, most are unfinished, many are unstable
* poor interoperability with other OSes (wine can't run half my Windows programs, samba is buggy and hard to configure)
* hard to develop on/for (IDEs suck, APIs are far from polished, documentation is scarce)
* boots and shuts down too long
* poor internationalization
There are plus sides as well, of course, but as to the suckage, that's my 0.02 roubles :)
linux not sucks - just not enough /fancy, /dev/hands or /dev/brains :)
that's the wittiest retort I've ever heard
2009-05-17 04:56 am (UTC)
Lunix suck bad
First i would like to say free is not good.here is why i hate lunix
i have given Linux 6 days of my life and still i can't install a software.in windows you put your cd in and hit install. but with lunix
you must first buy a book,look at some codes,hate your self for being so stupid to fall into this lunix lies from now on i will call it Lie-ix
2010-06-16 08:00 pm (UTC)
I love linux but think its documentation sucks and as the internet gets indundated in increasing numbers of useless indexes relevant information is harder and harder to find.
If I could get my webservers configured right and setup websites i would do so with linux documentation in plain English.